Garlic belongs to the Onions genus called Allium. Its Botanical name is called Allium sativum. It has a very close relation to onion, shallot, leek, chive and Chinese onion. It is a native to Central Asia and Northeastern Iran and is a common seasoning worldwide. It can be used as both food flavoring and traditional medicine.
Garlic is a perennial flowering plants which grows from a bulb and also has a tall erect flowering stem that grows up to 1m long. The bulb often contains 10-20 cloves that are unsymmetrical in shape, apart from those that are closer to the center. Garlics are quite odoriferous in nature.
Garlic contains Carbohydrates, Fat, Protein, Water, Selenium, Vitamin B1 (Thiamine), Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin), Vitamin B3 (Niacin), Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic acid), Vitamin B6, Vitamin B9 (Folate), Choline and Vitamin C. It also contains minerals like Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Phosphorus, Potassium, Sodium and Zinc.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF GARLIC
1. Garlic helps in reducing blood sugar levels.
2. Garlic is also helpful in treating high blood pressure.
3. Garlic helps in the treatment of Coronary artery disease (hardened arteries).
4. Garlic contains cancer fighting properties. It helps in fighting against cancers like stomach cancer and colon cancer.
5. Garlic also helps in preventing tick bites.
6. Eating crushed garlic helps in the prevention of cough and cold.
7. Garlic helps in lowering blood pressure which is good for hypertensive patients.
8. Garlic helps in improving digestion. It also helps in clearing out intestinal worms and reduces inflammation.
9. Garlic helps in protecting against free radical and preventing damages to the DNA.
10. Garlic helps in preventing acne and also lightens acne scars.
11. Taking two cloves of garlic helps in the purification of blood.
12. If you're looking for a way to loose some weight, Take garlic mixed with the squeezed out juice of half a lemon in a glass of luke warm water every morning. The mixture will help in cleansing your system and flushing out toxins from the body.
13. Consumption of garlic everyday (be it raw or inside food) helps in the prevention of heart diseases.
14. Due to its antibacterial and antiparasitic properties garlic can be used as an antibiotic to treat bacterial, parasitic and fungal infections.
15. Consumption of garlic helps in the protection against hip osteoarthritis which affects the elderly.
16. Due to its antibacterial properties, garlic helps in killing bacterias like e.coli and salmonella that leads to food poisoning which helps in protecting your food.
17. Soaking your foot in garlic water or rubbing raw garlic on your feet helps in the treatment of athletes foot.
SIDE EFFECTS OF GARLIC
1. Consumption of raw garlic on an empty stomach causes diarrhea.
2. Consumption of raw garlic on an empty stomach can also lead to heartburn, nausea and vomiting.
3. When consumed raw in excess, garlic can cause bad breadth.
4. Pregnant women should avoid eating garlic as it may induce premature labour.
5. Nursing mothers should also avoid eating garlic as it alters the taste of milk.
6. Garlic when consumed in excess may lower blood pressure which may lead to hypotension.
7. Garlic may intensify vaginal yeast infection since it irritates the tender tissue of the vagina.
weirdo that loves animes , comics, light novels and metal songs
Leave a reply
your email address will not be published. required fields are marked *